If medium to heavy rain occurs Thursday or Friday:
* Field conditions will be posted on the BSL site and FB page by Thursday/Friday night.
If rain (not showers) is forecast for game day:
* Field conditions, delays, cancellations, and field work will be posted on the BSL site and FB page at least 2 hours before game time
If field work is needed, BOTH teams contribute repair efforts:
* Equipment in the Nest (field container) for puddles (pumps, shovels) and infield clay behind each backstop
* No sweeping the infield
If rain occurs during a game:
* The Umpire suspends/calls the game once it has begun
* The General Rule: rain = play ... thunder/lightning = suspend/call
When rescheduling rainouts, games will only be moved to a League Rainout Day. Treat rainout days as game playing days.